Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Sick House

It first started with Niamh. She had a terrible cough and runny nose. I had an appointment for her 9 month well-check and ended up changing it to a sick appointment. I'm glad I took her in because she ended up having double ear infections. Poor baby! The boys started to have croup, but luckily no E.R visits there. Their coughs have taken a full week to get better though. Lucas was sick at the beginning of the week and seemed to fight it off. Toward the end of the week, I started experiencing flu-like symptoms. After a few days of bedrest, it turned into a chest cough, possible sinus infection. At this point I am asking myself, Is there ever an end in sight? How much mucus can come out of one human being? and Will I ever get any energy back? Lucas has been such a good "Mr Mom." He was able to take 3 days off work to help me out with the kids and he kept up with all the laundry and housework too. He's amazing. It's hard keeping kids entertained indoors and not feel like you're on house arrest. This too shall pass, right?

6 comments:

Angela said...

That sucks! I hope ya'll get feeling better soon. At least your husband takes off time to help you - what a guy.

Rachelle said...

I hope you feel back to yourself soon! It is hard work being sick. I'm glad Lucas was able to take time off to help.

Jewels said...

that's too bad being sick when you should be getting in one last family vacation in before school starts! Hope all of you feel better soon...

aubri said...

Oh geez, I am SO sorry. That sounds awful. Hope you all start feeling 100% soon! Take care of yourselves!

Liz Prisbrey said...

UGH!! That is awful! It is always bad having one sick kid but three is too much. I'm glad they are doing better. And what a good daddy/husband!

Alexis Treese said...

One day when our family expands...thats the part I'm not looking forward to! Its soooooo nice that Lcas can take work off. My first day bein a sick mom was horrible... I was like, What? no sick days for moms? I still have to take care of her??
Ugh, it's hard. Get better SOOOOOOOON, like today, but pretend youre sick for a few more days...milk it for all it's worth!! just kidding.

no, Im not.