Thursday, July 30, 2009

Phantom of the Opera

Last Thursday night, my father-in-law, Garth surprised all the girls in the family with tickets to Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. What a magical night it was. The excitement started for me as soon as we entered the theater and found our seats in the 5th row. As soon as the curtain rose, I was floating on air. The music, the costumes, the sets, the amazingly talented cast. I could go on forever. I know the music of Phantom of the Opera well and found myself wanting to burst out in song several times. It was emotional, funny, dramatic, a little scary at times and I loved every single moment. As if that wasn't enough euphoria, my brother-in-law, Andrew has a friend who is an actor in the show and he was gracious enough to give us a backstage tour. It was absolutely amazing to see how everything is done backstage and all the tricks and techinical things that make the show possible. We also got to meet several of the actors from the show, including Christine Daae and the Phantom. It was extraordinary. I think every one of us were in a state of shock and I know I never wanted it to end. It was truly a night to be remembered. My sister Trudi and her husband Tyler were able to join us at the last minute. It was so wonderful to share this experience with my mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, brother-in-law, nieces and my sister and her hubby. After the show, my sister-in-law Amanda treated us all to dessert at The Grand Lux Cafe at the Venetian. Each of us ordered a different dessert and shared. They all looked way too good to eat, but we managed. I'm so grateful to my father-in-law who was so thoughtful to give the girls of the family a sensational night out on the town.

(L-R) Me, Susana, Diana, Andrew, Amanda, Rachelle. (In front) Josie & Katie.

Tyler, Trudi & I Susana, Katie, Amanda, Marc Cedric Smith, Andrew, Josie, Rachelle, Diana & Me

Rachelle (Applecrisp), Susana (Carrotcake), Katie (Chocolate Cake), Diana (Raspberry Cheesecake), Josie (Oreo Cheesecake), Me (Strawberry Shortcake), Amanda (Vanilla & Chocolate Creme Brulee.)

5 comments:

aubri said...

That is such an amazing thing to have done. I'm absolutely jealous :) That is so awesome!! And you looked BEAUTIFUL!

jamie t. said...

Wow! Sounds like such a great night. I've seen phanton twice and loved it so much. What a wondeful girls night :)

Jewels said...

ahh...I am so jealous! I haven't been for a couple years but absolutely love the play and the music is outstanding. How awesome you got to go backstage!

Renee' P said...

OH I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! I have wanted to see this production so many times!!!
Some day we'll be able to afford it!!!!
I remember how gorgeous the Venitian is from our trip when we were first married!
What a unforgettable moment for you!!!

Loves!

Liz Prisbrey said...

I would love to do this with a group of girls. How fun for you guys! And to go back stage too! You look absolutely beautiful by the way!