Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Isla's First Birthday Party

We had a swim party at my sister Kim's house for Isla's first birthday. Both Nana and Grandma were there, along with aunts, uncles and cousins. We had lunch and cake and icecream. We also had a pinata for the kids. We began the day with presents, which Isla enjoyed as she got to rip wrapping paper and pull tissue paper out of gift bags. She got her first baby doll and a fun birthday cake toy. I made a banner using pictures from each month of the first year of her life. It turned out so cute, I love seeing all the different looks she had each month. I also made a pink 4 layer almond cake. It was a new recipie and it turned out fabulous. I was very happy with it. It was an exhausting day for Lucas and I, but so fun to celebrate a year of Isla with everyone. She loved stuffing her face with cake and loved all her birthday gifts. We love our baby girl!













No comments: