Thursday, February 2, 2012

Niamh's room makeover

FINALLY..........is what I said to myself when we finished painting Niamh's room for the third time. When we first moved in, this room was white. Then I picked out what I thought was a nice pink paint color, but after we put it on the wall, I realized it should have been called "blueberry yogurt." I hated it. Then, we primed it and went with an antique white. I had visions of a shabby chic little girls room. Once again, it just wasn't looking how I envisioned it. So, back to the drawing board. Lucas did not want to paint this room again, so we compromised and did some pink horizontal stripes. We were very apprehensive about the stripes, having never done them before. We followed several tutorials online and after an hour of taping 12 inch lines, painting the base color and two coats of pink the room was finally done. I was looking out for a cute headboard for Niamh and then I had a great idea, to paint a set of brown bunkbeds we had. They were a honey brown and I painted them a satin white. There was also an ugly, old dresser that Niamh had been using. I decided to prime and paint it. I was so pleased with the result of both the beds and the dresser. My mam came over one day and helped me do the finishing touches to the room. She had bought the drapes for me at IKEA a few months ago. They were both white. My amazing mam, dyed the outer drapes yellow and helped me mount the rods and put the drapes up. I am so happy with this room now. It is definitely a little girls room. I have a few finishing touches, but I wanted to show off all my hard work.......
Before



After




4 comments:

The Matlocks said...

WOW! I love it all! I really, really love the yellow curtains. So cute!!!

Lynette said...

So cute. Love the stripes! I've been wanting to do grey stripes in my bathroom over the dark grey...must find time. haha. Love her cute little girly room!

Kim Bee said...

YES.....it's super cute! What a transformation. Love the dresser too.....I need to get around to my refinishing projects. xo

LEWandBEV said...

It looks so good!! I love how girly it is ;) Well done on the striped and the curtains are super cute!!