Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Independance Day

We went to Alamo for the 4th of July. There is always a parade in the morning, fun games for the kids and booths with yummy food, games and stuff to buy. It is always fun to go there every year and to see people that you haven't seen for years and to see everyone celebrating this wonderful day together as family and friends. We spent the 4th of July last year in Ireland. We didn't think we would miss it that much, but when the day came; it was miserable. There was not a flag in sight, and the usual festivities were not happening. It was harder for Lucas than for me, because it is an adopted holiday for me.
We spent the evening with Lucas' family at his brother Jason's house. The guys swam,and we ate "Garth's Famous Fajitas," (to die for.) Once it got dark we set off fireworks, they were amazing and the kids loved it......all except for Gavin & Niamh. Niamh was terrified and clung to me, and Gavin covered his ears and was scared. We spent most of the fireworks inside, but we watched a program on PBS celebrating the 4th of July and watched fireworks on T.V. It was a long, fun-filled day and I am grateful to live in a free country that was made free by men & women who sacrificed much, even their lives so that we could be free from oppression and tyranny.

Niamh, me & Lucas
Lucas, Tyler & Sam
Trudi, Beverley, Me & Kim
Nana & Niamh
Tyrone, Gavin & Ryan
Colt, Gavin & Tyrone

Savanna, Ryan, Gavin, Waylan, Colt, Tyrone & Josie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics, you girls are all so cute. I didn't see you guys at all. I saw Trudi in passing and I saw Kim drive by, but that's it!

Liz Prisbrey said...

You have such beautiful sisters! I love that picture of you guys. I can't believe how old Niamh is looking. She is so pretty! Her eyes just sparkle. I'm glad you had a great 4th!

Nicole said...

Looks like a fun 4th. I agree with Liz, the picture of you and your sisters is gorgeus(i need to find out how to spell that word!)
What a neat post about your reunion. And your mom must be an amazing lady. I can't believe she was able to do that on her own.