Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Little Bookworm

Tonight after dinner, Gavin found some Goosebump books by R.L Stine on the bookshelf. They are Lucas' from when he was young and he was into the books series. Anyway, Gavin and Tyrone love pulling them all out (we have about 10 of them.) Obviously they can't read them yet, but they are facinated by the scary covers. So, Gavin was showing me one of the books and he caught my attention when he pointed to the top of the book and said "This is the Title." Then he pointed above that and said "This is the Author." Lucas and I both looked at each other, gobsmacked. He is so smart and he is learning so much from the preschool program he is in at Smalley Elementary. Before Christmas Break, we discovered that Gavin also learned to use the computer at school and he can write his name. This is my baby!!!! He is growing up so fast, but I am so proud of him.

2 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

This will not be the last time he surprises you with what he knows. I forget that they do spend time away from me learning at school. It just always seems to shock. But, wow! He is pretty young to know where the title and author are on a book, or even what they are called. :-)

Jes said...

He's so adorable, I love the face he's making in this picture. Little smarty pants!