Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Isn't it about time.

That I update my blog, that is. We haven't done anything too exciting lately, but I don't want to wait a whole month to update. Lucas is at a training class for three days this week. I love when he works the day shift. It makes our schedule seem more normal and he gets to be here at night time. He has been working graveyard for almost 4 years now. It's taking it's toll and I think he is ready to work a day or swing shift too. The hard part is that graveyard pays 8% more, which when things are tight, really counts. I think by the end of the year, Lucas will be ready to switch his schedule. Gavin finished school on June 4th. He really enjoyed his teacher, even though he was only with her a short while. He will be starting Kindergarten this fall. Where has the time gone, seriously. I'm trying to keep up on practicing writing and speech with Gavin to keep the things he learned fresh in his mind. Tyrone is my little actor. He is constantly acting out scenarious as a pirate or a superhero. He loves playing dress up. He is my little "cheeky" kid. (Cheeky also means "sassy" in the Irish lingo.) He talks back to me all the time. I try to remain patient as I am reminded of how much I talked back to my mam when I was younger and realize that I am getting back what I gave. My boys are growing up too fast and sometimes at night when I tuck them into bed and watch them sleep, a wave of sadness rushes over me as I realize how quickly they do grow. They're not my little babies anymore. Even my little Niamh is growing up sooner than I expected. She has begun to pull herself up to stand beside furniture. She is so focused and even if she falls over, she crawls right back over and pulls herself up. She crawls so fast and I really can't take my eyes off her for a minute or she is getting into something. She has two teeth now, on the bottom and loves The Wiggles. She only has to hear them singing and she will stare at the T.V and listen. It's so funny. I still remember the day I had her like it was yesterday. I try to cherish every moment but time is speeding up. Lucas and I have been working really hard on a goal we started together at the beginning of December. We're almost there, but still have a little way to go. I am so grateful to have a partner in love and life. He is so supportive of everything I do and is always there to encourage me on those bad days. He's my rock! So, hopefully in a month or so I will be blogging that we have completed our goal and have lots of photos to share.

3 comments:

The Matlocks said...

So I thought Tyrone's jersey said Knickers. I am sooooooo gay. haha. Cute pics, cute kids. xo

Liz Prisbrey said...

Great post. Sometimes just reading what goes on in someone's normal day to day are the best posts. :-)

aubri said...

I actually really enjoyed reading that and have to admit that I feel so similar. Why DO kids grow up so fast?! I have such a hard time with it. I hope Lucas gets a day shift for your sake-I don't think I could do that, it'd be so hard! And I can't wait to hear about your goal! Woo hoo!