Saturday, September 6, 2008

Brought to tears

Yesterday afternoon, while Tyrone was taking a nap, I was watching a birthing show on T.V. Gavin was trying to get my attention and I just kept telling him to go play with his truck and to let mommy have some time to watch her T.V show. He then pointed to a wedding picture we have up above the sofa. He said "That's Mommy and Daddy is kissing her." That got my attention and I said "Yes, and that's the temple behind us." He then said " Mommy is a princess and Daddy is a prince." It was so sweet and his little face was so sincere and innocent, that the tears started (it doesn't take much these days.) I felt so bad that he had been fighting with the T.V for my attention. Gavin has been such a good boy this week. He has been so helpful and I can just see he is growing up over night. The other day Tyrone had gotten in trouble and was crying because he was put in time-out. Gavin started playing the parent role where he told me to say sorry for making Tyrone cry and to give him hugs and kisses. I just love my little guys. They make everyday so special as a mom.

4 comments:

Stac said...

hi luke....guess who....

Nicole said...

There is nothing better in the world than being a mommy!

Liz Prisbrey said...

It never does take much for us to cry over something silly, sweet, or crazy our kids have done. What's important is that we take the time to appreciate it. They are sweet boys!

aubri said...

WHat a sweet little guy!

By the way, my cousin Jason Martin texted me on Friday I think it was, and told me that he served a mission with Lucas! He asked me to tell you guys hi!